Code of Conduct & Code of Ethics
Circular Economy Alliance Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
C.E.A. CIRCULAR ECONOMY ALLIANCE LTD (hereby referred to as ‘CEA’, the ‘Company’) platform, services, and products are designed to appeal to and be used by people from a wide variety of different backgrounds, countries, religions, and cultural norms. This diversity and inclusiveness are core values of the CEA, and we encourage our Community to embrace it and share it. This geographic and cultural diversity can make effective communication and general policy definition a bit challenging.
CEA is committed to advancing the transition to a just and inclusive Circular Economy which aims to decouple economic growth from resource use, eliminate waste by design, and tackle climate change. To achieve its mission and vision of a socially fair Circular Economy, CEA has adopted the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility and endeavours to promote the common good while creating value for all stakeholders. With this in mind, the Code of Conduct has been developed to ensure all activity on the platform and within the CEA community is mutually respectful. The Code of Ethics sets out the guiding ethical principles relative to all professional activities of the certified members of the Circular Economy Alliance, informs the actions of our partner network, and defines the conduct of CEA staff and persons acting on behalf of the Company.
The purpose of our Code of Conduct & Code of Ethics is to ensure that the Circular Economy Alliance platform (the Platform), products and services are inclusive and that we, our members, and our community uphold the principles and values linked to Circular Economy, social responsibility, sustainable development and all relevant domains, to ensure that people and the planet are not harmed in the name of profit, and that we all conduct ourselves with mutual respect.
Code of Conduct
The CEA Code of Conduct reflects the ethics and values of the Platform, product, services, and community. It has been prepared with members of the CEA community (the Community), content contributors, instructional designers, and administrators based on established best practices. With the involvement of our stakeholders, we will continue to update the Code of Conduct as we add new products, services, and activities and as we receive feedback from our learners and community members.
We cannot foresee all eventualities and align with all local regulations, so the Code of Conduct should indicate the nature of interactions and the social dynamic we would like to see on this Platform and within the Community. In the event of an issue not covered by this Code of Conduct, the CEA team will decide whether a behavior is acceptable or not, in a manner that is as fair and transparent as possible, while respecting the confidentiality of all involved.
This Code of Conduct applies to all activities on the Talent Learning Management Platform, the Circular Economy Alliance website, and its social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Discord, etc.), including comments, forum posts, and private messages.
Certified Alumni, members of the Community, as well as candidates for Circular Economy certification, are encouraged to adopt the following guidelines for conduct:
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, supportive, and orderly online learning environment that is conducive to learning and showing respect and dignity to other persons and property.
- Contact or communicate with CEA administrators and other personnel in a respectful, positive manner.
- Behave and communicate on and off the Platform in accordance with the principles of Circular Economy, social responsibility, and inclusiveness.
- Help ensure all CEA members and personnel have a positive experience in all interactions with you.
- Appropriate behavior we encourage is as follows: communicating and interacting with respect; demonstrating empathy and sensitivity; giving constructive feedback; acting in accordance with the principles of inclusiveness, that is, showing respect for other norms, cultures, life preferences; promoting the values and principles of Circular Economy, social responsibility, and sustainable development.
- Maintain behavior free from all forms of bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
- Other forms of inappropriate behavior that will not be tolerated include dangerous, inciteful, or hateful speech; harassment or intimidation; threats of violence; intentional disruption of online discussion, webinars, conferences, or other events; retaliation; influencing or encouraging any of the above.
- We are a learning community, united around the principles of Circular Economy. As such, we encourage experimentation, a growth mindset, and tolerance for failures, mistakes, or lack of understanding.
- Despite our shared values, disagreements and misunderstandings are bound to occur in a community as diverse as the Community. In the event, have a calm discussion, ask for clarification, and don’t assume that someone is intentionally being offensive.
- Please get in touch with the site administrators to report any conduct, posts, activity or content that you do not believe is in accordance with this Code of Conduct. We encourage the Community members to report any incidents that violate the Code of Conduct. The CEA team will respond in a timely manner, and the member who violated the Code of Conduct will be contacted directly. Please use the Contact Us link to report any breaches.
- Please protect your own and other people’s privacy. Please be mindful not to post or otherwise share your own or other people’s personal information publicly online.
- Unless otherwise stated, all content posted on the Talent Learning Management System is private and is not searchable online.
- Unless otherwise stated, all content posted on the Community platform is publicly visible and searchable online.
- If you delete your CEA Community account, you can request that your Community posts and private messages be removed or anonymized.
- The website administrators may delete activity, comments, posts, and equivalent that do not adhere to the CEA Code of Conduct.
- In the event of a breach of the Code of Conduct, we either issue a warning, announce an account suspension or, in the event of a grievous violation, we may announce account expulsion and removal from the platform and the Community.
- If you are part of the Community, we share the same principles. Let’s share the responsibility for creating a positive dynamic on the Platform.
Code of Ethics
Certified Alumni, members of the Community, as well as candidates for Circular Economy certification are strongly encouraged to uphold the highest standards of ethical norms in line with Circular Economy principles and values:
- Act with transparency, honesty, and integrity, make the interests of society and the environment a priority, avoid any known conflicts of interest, and aim to create value for all stakeholders.
- Promote the circularity and sustainability of the systems regulating economic life according to the principles of “people, planet and prosperity”.
- Act with respect for others and the environment and practice their professional activities in an inclusive and non-discriminatory manner that upholds the values of equity, equality and tolerance.
- Exercise their leadership and decision-making skills in the pursuit of establishing a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and society.
- Act in a way that furthers the integrity of the discipline of Circular Economy and its representatives.
The code of conduct is regularly reviewed to reflect necessary adaptations that emerge from input received through our CEA members’ reporting or by changes to the prevailing regulatory framework.
Effective as of: 1 March 2022
Last revised: 25 January 2023