We are looking for a Research Trainee to provide assistance with preparation of various research projects and activities. The trainee will ensure our research tasks and projects meet quality standards and are completed on time. Research Trainee responsibilities include drafting research proposals, supporting the research process from start to finish, while taking ownership of some assigned roles and conducting in-depth research aimed at informing the policy-making process on a broad range of issues relevant to Circular Economy. For this role, strong communication and writing skills are essential.
The trainee will be able to gain insights into Circular Economy and its policy framework by contributing to the day-to-day work of the research team alongside the Management. Being a research trainee at CEA can be a stepping stone on the path to a research career – particularly for those who are interested in pursuing a career in Circular Economy.
- Assisting in research tasks in environmental management, environmental policy, sustainable development, circular economy, economics, standards, (circular) design, or related;
- Supporting the collection of relevant data, its analysis, and its appropriate display;
- Helping the design, production, implementation, monitoring, review and improvement of exploitation and long-term sustainability plans to maximise benefits of the research;
- Collaborating in the conduction interviews while maintaining quality control standards;
- Assist in the drafting of research proposals and providing new approaches and improvements;
- Supporting the preparation of high-quality papers suitable for publication and policy- or industry-relevant reports and blogs;
- Assist in preparing presentations and organising public engagement activities on the research work;
- Collaborating with the edition and proofreading of the accuracy of research papers;
- Supporting the work with the research project’s partners and relevant stakeholders to disseminate and integrate the research outcomes of the projects;
- Assisting in the organisation and implementation of stakeholder workshops;
- At request, travel to workshops in different EU parts and relevant international conferences.
- Undertaking other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Master’s degree or PhD candidate (or equivalent) in environmental management, environmental policy, sustainable development, circular economy, economics, business administration, standards, design, information communication technologies or related domains;
- Be highly organised and be equipped with the tenacity to work hard under pressure;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrate interest in circular economy and sustainable development;
- Follow circular economy-related developments globally;
- Be diligent and passionate about the circular economy;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to initiate and maintain contact with industrial partners, policymakers, and academics from other disciplines;
- Time and resource management skills;
- Willingness to learn and develop outside your comfort zone;
- Track record of driving high-quality peer-reviewed journal publications;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member with a solid personal commitment;
- Have a growth mindset and quickly learn new skills when required.
- Academic publishing track record for career stage;
- Experience in research proposal drafting;
- Knowledge on digital technologies enabling the circular economy.
- You will be part of an applied research-based setting with specific research goals;
- Great opportunity to get a bird’s eye view of the Circular economy;
- Diversity of challenges and a valuable experience;
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product;
- Global exposure, as many unique challenges to work on every day across functions;
- Flexible work options including adjusted work hours and remote work;
- Paid business travel expenses;
- Paid vacation leave per annum;
- Career development opportunities;
- Exposure to a multicultural organization;
- A monthly allowance of EUR900.
Please be informed that Candidates are shortlisted based on the requirements set out in this vacancy. Successful candidates not offered any contract may be placed on a reserve list, which will be valid for one (1) year and with the option to be reviewed. However, being placed on a reserve list does not create any entitlement to an offer of traineeship. Reserve lists are taken into consideration. In this context, the successful candidate that will be selected from the established reserve list, may also be used for the recruitment of a similar post depending on the needs of the CEA. In this case, and provided that the new vacancy is available, the reserve candidates may be contacted for additional interviews.