What is the certification about?
- This certification is unique for professionals looking to adapt to the high demand for Circular Economy skills and practices.
- It is the result of the research-driven effort jointly led by the Circular Economy Research Center (CERC) of the École des Ponts Business School and the Circular Economy Alliance (CEA), which came as a response to the EU’s Pact for Skills and Circular Economy Action Plan to fight climate change and achieve climate neutrality.
- It aims at upskilling and reskilling the global workforce by providing them with credible and actionable knowledge and skills in order to facilitate the transition to a sustainable future.
- It offers original content in an easy-to-follow multimedia format, that allows you to learn anytime, anywhere, at your own pace.
What will you learn?
The four “pillar” courses included in the Certified Circular Economy Professional (CCEP) program:
In addition to four complementary “expert” courses:
The choice of four “specialist” courses from the following list:
How you will learn?
What are the learning outcomes?
- The Certified Circular Economy Specialist (CCES) is for those who are looking to establish a specialist’s understanding of Circular Economy that goes far beyond the fundamentals and covers a broad spectrum of Circular Economy principles and best practices.
- Certified Circular Economy Specialist covers all 8 courses of the Circular Economy Expert (CCEE) and includes another 4 elective courses which cover diverse aspects of Circular Economy more related to your interests.
- You will be able to master design thinking and Circular Economic Business Model approaches that organizations can integrate to bolster their Circularity.
- You will become a leader of change, as you gain the top-notch know-how to generate and lead Circular Solutions.
- This certification will give you the capacity to be engaged in Consultancy Projects related to Circular Economy.
- You will gain an understanding of Circular Economy within the broader spectrum of sustainable development.
- You will become a specialist on the tools, policies, business models, design principles, best practices, and innovative strategies that are being used today to create a better tomorrow.
- The Certified Circular Economy Specialist has been designed for those who want to gain deep insight into a diverse array of Circular Economy principles and practices in view of becoming a practicing and recognized specialist in the domain.
- You will understand what is necessary at the personal, corporate, institutional, and societal levels to evolve to a Circular Economic Business Model.
- When you reach the end of each course, a timed/15-minute examination consisting of 10 randomized multiple-choice questions will be used to validate the learning journey. Validate all 12 courses by passing the respective exams, and you have successfully completed the certification scheme.
- Access to the 12 Circular Economy courses of the scheme, with free access to the content for one year.
Get Certified Now!
Start any time and complete the courses at your own pace.
The learning journey is available through our e-learning platform or on the go through the dedicated e-learning app available on App Store and Google Play.
Meet the Leaders
Meet the leaders supporting the Certification program!
Circular Economy Alliance Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
The Circular Economy Alliance platform, services, and products are designed to appeal to and be used by people from a wide variety of different backgrounds, countries, religions, and cultural norms. This diversity and inclusiveness are core values of the CEA, and we encourage our Community to embrace it and share it. However, the geographic and cultural diversity can make effective communications and general policy definition a bit challenging.
That said, CEA is committed to advancing the transition to a just and inclusive Circular Economy which aims to decouple economic growth from resource use, eliminate waste by design, and tackle climate change. To achieve its mission and vision of a socially fair Circular Economy, CEA has adopted the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility and endeavours to promote the common good while creating value for all stakeholders. With this in mind, the Code of Conduct has been developed to ensure all activity on the platform and within the CEA community is mutually respectful. The Code of Ethics sets out the guiding ethical principles relative to all professional activities of the certified members of the Circular Economy Alliance, informs the actions of our partner network, and defines the conduct of CEA staff and persons acting on behalf of the Company.
The purpose of our Code of Conduct & Code of Ethics is to ensure that the Circular Economy Alliance platform (the Platform), products and services are inclusive and that we, our members, and our community uphold the principles and values linked to Circular Economy, social responsibility, sustainable development and all relevant domains, to ensure that people and the planet are not harmed in the name of profit, and that we all conduct ourselves with mutual respect.
Code of Conduct
The CEA Code of Conduct reflects the ethics and values of the Platform, product, services, and community. It has been prepared with members of the CEA community (the Community), content contributors, instructional designers, and administrators based on established best practices. With the involvement of our stakeholders, we will continue to update the Code of Conduct as we add new products, services, and activities and as we receive feedback from our learners and community members.
We cannot foresee all eventualities and align with all local regulations, so the Code of Conduct should indicate the nature of interactions and the social dynamic we would like to see on this Platform and within the Community. In the event of an issue not covered by this Code of Conduct, the CEA team will decide whether a behavior is acceptable or not, in a manner that is as fair and transparent as possible, while respecting the confidentiality of all involved.
This Code of Conduct applies to all activities on the Talent Learning Management Platform, the Circular Economy Alliance website, its social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Discord, etc.), including comments, forum posts, and private messages.
Certified Alumni, members of the Community, as well as candidates for Circular Economy certification are encouraged to adopt the following guidelines for conduct:
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, supportive, and orderly online learning environment that is conducive to learning and to show respect and dignity to other persons and to property.
- Contact or communicate with CEA administrators and other personnel in a respectful, positive manner.
- Behave and communicate on and off the Platform in accordance with the principles of Circular Economy, social responsibility, and inclusiveness.
- Help ensure all CEA members and personnel have a positive experience in all interactions with you.
- Appropriate behavior we encourage is as follows: communicating and interacting with respect; demonstrating empathy and sensitivity; giving constructive feedback; acting in accordance with the principles of inclusiveness, that is, showing respect for other norms, cultures, life preferences; promoting the values and principles of Circular Economy, social responsibility, and sustainable development.
- Maintain behavior free from all forms of bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
- Other forms of inappropriate behavior that will not be tolerated include dangerous, inciteful, or hateful speech; harassment or intimidation; threats of violence; intentional disruption of online discussion, webinars, conference, or other events; retaliation; influencing or encouraging any of the above.
- We are a learning community, united around the principles of Circular Economy. As such, we encourage experimentation, a growth mindset, and tolerance for failures, mistakes, or lack of understanding.
- Despite our shared values, disagreements and misunderstandings are bound to occur in a community as diverse as ours. In that event, have a calm discussion, ask for clarification, and don’t assume that someone is intentionally being offensive.
- Please get in touch with the site administrators to report any conduct, posts, activity or content that you do not believe is in accordance with this Code of Conduct. We encourage the Community members to report any incidents that violate the Code of Conduct. The CEA team will respond in a timely manner, and the member who violated the Code of Conduct will be contacted directly. Please use the Contact Us link to report any breaches.
- Please protect your own and other people’s privacy. Please be mindful not to post or otherwise share your own or other people’s personal information publicly online.
- Unless otherwise stated, all content posted on the Talent Learning Management System is private and is not searchable online.
- Unless otherwise stated, all content posted on the Community platform is publicly visible and searchable online.
- If you delete your CEA Community account, you can request that your Community posts and private messages be removed or anonymized.
- The website administrators may delete activity, comments, posts, and equivalent that do not adhere to the CEA Code of Conduct.
- In the event of a breach of the Code of Conduct, we either issue a warning, announce an account suspension or, in the event of a grievous violation, we may announce account expulsion and removal from the platform and the Community.
- If you are part of the Community, we share the same principles. Let’s share the responsibility for creating a positive dynamic on the Platform.
Code of Ethics
Certified Alumni, members of the Community, as well as candidates for Circular Economy certification are strongly encouraged to uphold the highest standards of ethical norms in line with Circular Economy principles and values:
- Act with transparency, honesty, integrity, and make the interests of society and the environment a priority, avoid any known conflicts of interest, and aim to create value for all stakeholders.
- Promote the circularity and sustainability of the systems regulating economic life according to the principles of “people, planet and prosperity”.
- Act with respect for others and the environment and practice their professional activities in an inclusive and non-discriminatory manner that upholds the values of equity, equality and tolerance.
- Exercise their leadership and decision-making skills in the pursuit of establishing a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and in society.
- Act in a way that furthers the integrity of the discipline of Circular Economy and its representatives.
The code of conduct is regularly reviewed to reflect necessary adaptations that emerge from input received through our CEA members’ reporting or by changes to the prevailing regulatory framework.
Effective as of: 1 March 2022
Last revised: 28 February 2022
More detailed information can me found in the General Terms and Conditions and the Certifications Terms and Conditions.