Certified Circular Economy Specialist (CCES)
What it includes
The Certified Circular Economy Specialist (CCES) bundle offers original content in an easy-to-follow multimedia format for those who are looking to establish a specialist’s understanding of Circular Economy that goes far beyond the fundamentals and covers a broad spectrum of Circular Economy principles and practices.
The CEEC program is a bundle which includes the 4 courses of the Certified Circular Economy Professional (CCEP) bundle, the 4 courses of the Certified Circular Economy Expert (CCEE) bundle and your choice of 4 additional courses that cover diverse aspects of Circular Economy that our closer to your practice. The CCES has been designed for those who want to gain deep insight into a diverse array of circular economy principles and practices in view of becoming a practicing and recognized specialist in the domain.
The 12 courses included in the CCES bundle include:
The four “pillar” courses included in the Certified Circular Economy Professional (CCEP) bundle:
- Circular by Design: Innovation, strategy and resource flows
- Circular Business Models: doing More, with Less, for Longer
- Driving Circularity: The role of energy policy and legislation
- Circular Industry 4.0: Redesigning the future
The four “expert” courses included in the Certified Circular Economy Expert (CCEE) bundle:
- Training for Circularity: Upskilling, reskilling, mobility and job creation
- Circular Together: How ecosystems will drive the transition
- Circular Supply Chains: Leveraging the power of strategic procurement
- Circular and Digital Economies: The dual transition
The choice of four “specialist” courses from the following list:
- Circular Life of Buildings: Designing out obsolescence
- Circular Performance Economy: Benefitting people, profits and planet
- Designing out Waste: The challenges to full circularity
- The Circular Flywheel: Green finance, building on success and strategic vision
- Digitally Empowered Circular Economy: Business model and industrial innovation
- Circular Water Management: A framework for the transition
- Circular Water Management 2: Closing the H2O loop
- Circular Energy: The EU’s pathway to a circular and carbon-neutral future
- Circular Procurement: Innovative solutions in practice
- Digitally Empowered Circular Economy: Industry 4.0 technological enablers
The courses which compose the CCES have been carefully developed by subject domain experts to give you the additional insight into a wide range of tools, policies, business models, design principles, enabling technologies, best practices and innovative strategies that are being used today to create a better tomorrow. In other words, you will be ready to be a thought leader in the domain and a recognized circular economy specialist. As such, you will have the knowledge necessary to act at the personal, corporate, institutional, and societal level to accelerate the transition from the current take-make-dispose economic model – which continues to harm the planet, to a more circular economic model – which favours the planet.
What you need to do
Once you have registered, you will be given access to our Learning Management System. The certificate program is entirely online and self-paced. We estimate that someone working or studying full time can complete the entire program within twelve weeks (this is an approximate indication). You will first start with the four courses that constitute the CCEP bundle, then the four courses that constitute the CCEE bundle, so that you can already acquire the foundations on your way to the full CCES certification. The last step is to successfully complete the four additional courses of your choice that cover diverse aspects of Circular Economy that are closer to your practice.
Each course is stand-alone, however, a structure has been designed for the courses to be taken in a predefined sequential order to facilitate the learning journey better. Furthermore, considerable attention is given to the integrity of the program and the individual assessment performed at the examination center. Therefore, on some occasions, we shuffle the order of the courses, or we enable a time delay between the release of the courses to ensure that the credibility of our certified laurates is based on knowledge independently acquired and verified by an individual and objective assessment measured by the successful outcome of the respective examination.
To further enhance the user experience, following the completion of each course, including the respective examination, a quality assurance process runs in the background to identify any possible issues that may have affected the learning journey or the assessment of the candidate. Once the assessment has been completed, the candidate can proceed with the next course in the path of becoming a certified circular economy alumnus.
You will be guided through the original content of each section with dynamic, rich, enjoyable, narrated, and easy-to-understand content. Courses are divided into easily navigated sections focusing at each stage on the learning objectives to be achieved. Each section is followed by non-graded “knowledge check questions”, to help you ensure that you have successfully assimilated the content. You can go back and view the content as often as you like. When you reach the end of each course, an examination consisted by 10 randomized multiple-choice questions will be used to validate the learning and the course. Validate all twelve courses by passing the respective exams, and you have successfully completed the certification program.
The list of courses from which you can choose your four “specialist” courses which include diverse subjects closer to your domain of practice, will be continuously updated with new courses that may be in addition to or succeed existing courses.
We strive for continuous and current knowledge for professionals seeking certification, therefore, existing courses may be periodically withdrawn for review and update so that our Circular Economy certified alumnus are exposed to the latest information in the domain.
What you will get
The CCES bundle includes the following:
- Access to the 12 circular economy courses of the bundle, with free access to the content for one year.
- A digital companion book, for your personal use and interest – The Performance Economy, by renowned Circular Economy proponent Walter Stahel
- A digitally enabled, verifiable and sharable certificate acknowledging your achievement in becoming a Certified Circular Economy Expert.
- One-year free membership in the Circular Economy Alliance Community, including access to Circular Economy Alliance members, resources and events.
- Special access to Circular Economy related events, research, resources, and news.
- An invitation to be part of our upcoming Circular Economy Ambassadors Program which will enable unique benefits for the pioneering Circular Economy laureates.
- Receive early bird and loyalty discounts on all future educational and training products developed by CEA and CERC @ École des Ponts Business School
- Join the Global Circular Economy Directory of professionals currently developed by CEA with a unique digital display. (Estimated release Q4 2022)
- Exposed to business and professional opportunities through the Circular Economy Marketplace developed by CEA. (Estimated release Q1 2023)
- In many EU countries, the cost of certification can be covered by personal or corporate “training accounts”. Please inquire within your organisation or with the appropriate institution within your country for more information.
- The CCES is valid for one year only. Maintaining active certification status requires maintaining active Circular Economy Alliance (CEA) membership which is renewed annually with a predefined fee for 2022 to be at €50. The fee is subject to annual revisions which will be communicated to the users with the renewal communication launched prior to the expiration date of their certification.
- All Circular Economy Alliance Certified Members will need to report on annual basis their contribution to the development of the domain and the profession in the format of CPEs.