Business Administrator Trainee
We are looking for a skilled Trainee Business Administrator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and other related tasks. You will be an integral part of ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and successfully support other business activities. An excellent Trainee Business Administrator is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and carrying out administrative duties with accuracy and speed. As part of the administrative and HR team, your work will be critical in our overall performance.
If you know how to keep things in order and add a strategic vision to everyday activities, we want to meet you. If you are also highly efficient, hard-working, and team player, you are our ideal candidate. The goal is to ensure that the office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the business according to CEA’s established policies and vision.
- Data entry, scanning, photocopying, filing, archiving;
- Assisting in creating and managing documents, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Assisting in compiling reports;
- Speaking to clients to answer queries and resolve issues;
- Scheduling and planning meetings, appointments and arranging conferences and events when necessary;
- Monitoring level of supplies and handle shortages;
- Helping with the organization and running of the daily HR functions and other administrative operations of the company;
- Assist in designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures;
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies;
- Keeping management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports;
- Maintaining office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, planning, monitoring and appraising job results;
- Undertaking a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure;
- Working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results;
- Sorting and distributing communications in a timely manner.
- Creating and updating records ensuring accuracy and validity of information;
- Assist in resolving office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues;
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies;
- Maintain trusting relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Undertaking other ad hoc assignments as required.
- University Degree (BSc/BA) or equivalent in Office and Business Administration, HR, or relevant field;
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management;
- Ability to prioritize the daily workload effectively;
- A high level of confidentiality;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize their workload effectively;
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills;
- Take direction from others and collaborate effectively;
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Outstanding (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English is required.
- Working knowledge of business operations (e.g. Finance);
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures;
- Familiarity with HR functions;
- Proven work experience as an office assistant, HR Administrative Assistant or in another relevant administrative role will be considered as an advantage.
- Actively collaborate with other team members stakeholders;
- Exposure to a multicultural organization;
- Diversity of challenges and a valuable experience;
- Opportunity to experience first hand the operations and practices of the Department and of CEA;
- Flexible work options including adjusted work hours and remote work;
- Paid business travel expenses;
- Paid vacation leave per annum;
- Career development opportunities;
- A monthly allowance of EUR900.
Please be informed that Candidates are shortlisted based on the requirements set out in this vacancy. Successful candidates not offered any contract may be placed on a reserve list, which will be valid for one (1) year and with the option to be reviewed. However, being placed on a reserve list does not create any entitlement to an offer of traineeship. Reserve lists are taken into consideration. In this context, the successful candidate that will be selected from the established reserve list, may also be used for the recruitment of a similar post depending on the needs of the CEA. In this case, and provided that the new vacancy is available, the reserve candidates may be contacted for additional interviews.